Monday, January 24, 2011

alt glow

copyright 2010 [Roy Tennent]

I just returned from Alt Summit, and boy, was it one inspiring trip! Well it certainly started out on a great note when my dear friend from college (who happened to be in Salt Lake City for work) picked me up from the airport, even though my plane was over an hour late! I didn't expect that at all so that made for the warmest welcome to a new city, especially since I was coming to the conference by myself (a little scary!).

Gosh, it's hard to know where to start because those Alt days were filled (to the brim!) with incredible inspiration all around. I could go on for days... so I think it might be fun to share some of my favorite quotes and takeaways from a few of the many inspirational speakers. (I know, I know! I need to find another word for 'inspiration' but I just don't know one that captures what I'm trying to say. Do you?)

........................

"Celebrate the everyday & make the everyday special." Sarah Bryden-Brown (Babble)

"Art is the most renewable resource." DJ Spooky

"Grow organically & authentically." Molly Peterson (DwellStudio)

"Nobody can tell you what's best for you." Tina Roth Eisenberg (Swiss Miss)

"Everyone needs an inspiring aunt." Tina Roth Eisenberg (Swiss Miss)

........................


Thank you so much Alt Summit and all of the wonderful sponsors for making the event SO fabulous in every sweet way!

2 comments:

  1. I agree -- I am still enjoying my Alt glow too. It was great to meet you and I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have the Alt glow too! Those quotes you collected are wonderful -- they ring so true for me. We all need reminders like those.

    ReplyDelete