Wednesday, January 25, 2012

absolutely adorable aran!




Aran is the author of the gorgeous blog ~ Cannelle et Vanille ~ her "blank canvas for creating anything and everything sweet that comes out of her heart." If that didn't have you at hello, the sensational images and mouth-watering recipes she shares certainly will! Her unique, organic aesthetic is attracting worldwide attention and she's authoring her first cookbook. She has quite an incredible eye for food styling and photography and her recipes are just full of creativity and interesting ingredients. You would never know it's all gluten-free! We are absolutely thrilled that Aran is teaching two food styling workshops, the first of its kind at the Makerie, and she is simply as sweet as she can be.


Without further ado, get to know the adorable Aran below!

...........................................................................

The first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Kiss my babies good morning and make some tea.
A fun tidbit people would never know about you?
That I often times get reprimanded by my family because I eat too fast.
Some favorite ways to relax?
I love it when we spend time as a family on the weekends without an agenda. Not having a set schedule and knowing I can devote all of my time to my family is very rewarding. But I do like to be alone as well and in the rare occasions I do get to be by myself, I love taking walks in nature, soaking my feet in seawater, baking and listening to music.
What's for dinner?
Tonight it will simple. Roasted red snapper with potatoes and onions, green salad with fennel, strawberries, and avocado, and for dessert, a piece of leftover chocolate cake. A thin sliver or else I won’t be able to sleep – I can’t sleep if I eat too much or too late at night.
The best advice you’ve received?
Facing problems is like exercising, you just have to get up and do it or you will never learn. My aunt said it to me when I was 20. I think about it every single day.
What is the best meal you ever had?
I have had very many good meals in my life, most of them very simple, but one of my most recent memorable meals was at 3-star Michelin chef Martin Berasategui’s restaurant outside of San Sebastian in the Basque Country. It was unbelievable.
What are you most excited about lately?
The release of my first cookbook later this year. It has been a long time in the making and I cannot wait to share it.
A favorite spot you’ve traveled to?
I was 14 years old the first time I traveled to Oregon and Northern California. I lived with a family as an exchange student for a month and we traveled all along Washington, Oregon and Northern California. Since then, Redwood National Park holds a special place in my heart. 
Your favorite way to make someone smile?
With a good meal.

Any tricks for finding life balance?
I don’t believe there is such a thing or at least I have not found it. When my personal life is going very well, I neglect my work and when my work is thriving my home can be chaotic. I feel that is life though and we just have to learn along the way. When we bounce from one end to the other, somewhere in the middle, we feel balanced, but I don’t think it’s a permanent state.
If the world ended tomorrow, what would upset you most about the person you didn’t get to become? That I still have not learned to be more patient in this life.
Favorite books from your personal library?
I am a cookbook addict. Currently I am reading through NOMA and catching up with Tessa Kiros’ books.
Thanks so much Aran! 

No comments:

Post a Comment