Tuesday, January 31, 2012

meet allison of beautiful birddog press!



I have been a letterpress lover ever since the day I held my first beautiful piece of letter pressed paper. The way it felt in my hand, how soft the ink appeared on the paper and the sacredness of knowing that each piece was printed by hand. I took my first letterpress class from Ms Allison of BirdDog Press last winter. It was completely incredible and I knew we had to add it to our Makerie offerings. Allison is quite a master ~ of many things! It goes without saying that her paper designs are out of this world, but the shear amount of creativity this darling girl has across the board continues to blow me away. Her letterpress workshop offerings are the first of it's kind at the Makerie. We are giddy with excitement for those of you who will be taking a field trip to her inspiring studio to take learn this timeless printing method!


Meet Allison below, one of the most creative souls I know!

...........................................................................
The first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Make sure it is really time to get up because I wish I could go back to sleep. I am a night owl.
A fun tidbit people would never know about you?
I'm not sure you would never know, but I have wacky “triple-jointed” elbows.
Some favorite ways to relax?
A week on a river trip, wine with girlfriends & maybe some yarn, giving in to my magazine addiction
What's for dinner?
Probably pasta... with simple crushed tomatoes and fresh mozzarella & maybe some homemade pesto
The best advice you’ve received? 
Learn something new every day!
What is the best meal you ever had?
Farm to table dinner
What are you most excited about lately?
A vintage travel trailer decked out with a feedsack fabric interior
A favorite spot you’ve traveled to?
Amalfi coast, Italy
What makes you laugh? 
Life’s comedy of errors

Your favorite way to make someone smile?
Handing a client their new freshly pressed business cards or stationery
What, in your mind, is a recipe for disaster?
A three year old with no nap & cupcakes for dinner.
Any tricks for finding life balance? 
Have the birds eye view but make an achievable list for each day.
{Oh & sleep when you’re dead. There really aren’t enough hours in the day, that’s a fact.}

Favorite books from your personal library?
zines: UPPERCASE, Anthology, Selvedge, boho, Kinfolk 
fiction: Still Life with Woodpecker, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, The Help,
books: Home As Sanctuary, Creative Family, Dottie Angel
I love books and magazines, period. The power of the printed word. Love.



Thanks for the great Q&A Allison! 




No comments:

Post a Comment