Tuesday, November 13, 2012

whole hearted whole foods

image by Aran Goyoaga

I have been a fan of Whole Foods since I can remember. Trips to their stores (any of them really!) are never just a grocery shop, but truly an experience. In fact, when I have the rare treat of grocery shopping alone, I often find myself wandering the aisles for hours happily lost in the incredible array of healthy choices and admiring the abundant creativity among the amazing food purveyors. I know it might sound a little silly and nerdy, but wandering through our local Boulder Whole Foods is one of my most favorite, relaxing pleasures. 

Clearly Whole Foods has always held a special place in my heart, but their support of the Makerie has taken my love and gratitude to new levels. I'm really beside myself how much they are embracing our creative community and standing behind small local businesses. I love partnering with companies that believe in living a conscious, healthy lifestyle (like I do!) and am incredibly thrilled to have Whole Foods Boulder sponsoring Aran's workshops this year. As a part of that, they are hosting an awesome food photography contest for Colorado residents and generously giving away a FREE full package to the Makerie to attend both days of Aran's classes! How amazing is that?!?  

Here's how to enter! 

:: Snap a photo of your most beautiful food tradition anytime between now & Monday, November 26

:: Upload it via this link

:: Encourage your family & friends to vote for your image

:: Don't forget to review the rules & regs (just in case you miss the small type, liking the Makerie facebook page is required to win)

:: The image with the most votes will win a trip to the Makerie and will be announced on Tuesday, November 27

Won't this be fun? We can't wait to see what you've got! 

In other exciting news, many of you will get to meet Aran in person, as she will be doing a book signing of her stunning brand new cookbook Small Plates & Sweet Treats at Whole Foods Pearl Street on Makerie Eve, Wednesday April 10. And yes dear Boulderites, the entire cookbook is gluten free! 

~xo

p.s. While we're on the topic of Whole Foods, we just started a new season of leading Kids Club Crafts at the Pearl Street location so look for us the first Tuesday of each month from 4 to 7 pm. We love crafting with the kiddos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment