Tuesday, April 9, 2013

we can't guarantee perfection but can promise this...


image by Teryn Wilkes

Well it's here! Another Makerie is upon us (our third & fourth ones!) and I can't believe it. I find myself reflecting back to how this all started and never in a million years would I have dreamed of what it has become and the awesome, loving, creative community that I have discovered through it all. I had said from the very beginning of all of this that if I can help to inspire just one person ~ just one ~ than I have done my job and that would be my dream come true. That hasn't changed one bit. The most rewarding part of the Makerie for me is to see how happy people are when they are being creative and playing and it's my sincere pleasure to be able to create a weekend designed just for this. We have prepped and prepared and planned to the 'nth' degree and as we go into our Makerie and Makerie Sewing weekends, I want to let you know that as much as we would like for things to go perfectly, they most likely won't because nothing ever is. In fact, letting go of the word perfection is quite freeing for all of us, isn't it? So although perfect weekends are something we will of course strive for, we can't quite guarantee it but can promise you that everything we do will be done with a whole lot of heart.

We can't wait!!!

Love,
the Makerie

No comments:

Post a Comment